It did. I started by shortening the front of the underskirt, then pulled the sides toward the back. This created a little train! Then I started pulling the overskirt up to the back, one section at a time. An added bonus was that the flowers which are pinned at every tiered section became lined up across the back in a cute little floral display.
After viewing the pics, Lisa suggested adding a butt pillow (OK, it's a bustle pillow, really) but I stuffed mine more like a Renaissance bum roll as that would be the only thing holding the "bustle" up. It worked. Yay, Lisa!
The sleeves aren't period correct, but that can't be helped. I realized, later, that I'll have to remove one side of the bustling to get into the dress. I'm sure Lisa can help bustle the other side with me in the dress!