Wednesday, November 7, 2012

UPDATED nearly final Dickens - piece by piece... L

 Here are some more pictures.  The bodice is closed with a zipper and the frogs are decoration.  I just don't trust them for the actual closure.  I'm probably going to add more trim.  I was going to add some of the same trim that's on the sleeves around the skirt.  I tried a variety of layouts, but never 'fell in love'.

I need this finished soon.  I am attending the Dicken's Faire in about 5 days and wanted something period accurate.  Not that a zipper is period accurate (neither is flashing one's chest).

I plan to post a picture of me, wearing this.  Assuming I remember to take a picture.


Last night I made sleeves.  I also decided to modify my skirt just a little.  I'll post a picture when I figure it out.

Robin points out that I am, yet again, being very understated.  Yeesh!  Clearly I just don't get it.  I'll just have to put it all together and see if I can pull out something nice.  Hopefully the skirt and bodice will compensate for the sleeves.  No WAY am I taking them apart to add stuff.  I'm also a little concerned about the plaid showing thru the lining.  But I don't think it will be that noticeable.  For the record, I think the bright royal blue is quite striking.

That's it for now.  Hope to cut the back of the bodice tonight, and maybe mess around with the skirt.

Here's a rough, pinned together skirt look.  Each fold-back is small and located at the bottom of the vertical skirt seams.  For perspective, they are about 8 - 9 inches tall.


No comments:

Post a Comment