On to the skirt. I had already sewn the cartridge pleats to the waistband but the front was... off. So I put EVERYTHING back on and marked the center front and back a few (5) inches where I want the front to be relatively flat. Then I pulled all that careful stitching and did it over. By hand. Grrrr. But now it's done and I can hem it and put on trim. (after I shrink the hoops by about an inch each because of course they are not quite right). When I put skirt on, the weight of the fabric pushed the front of my farthingale out and I ended up on Margo Anderson's Facebook page where I got a lot of helpful suggestions. I ended up putting the bumroll UNDER the farthingale which redistributed the weight into the proper shape. The over skirt is now done.
Here is a picture of the bottom half of my Elizabethan/Renaissance outfit. All done.
I may add more to the forepanel, but I'm pretty sure I want a complete bodice first (wink). I still need to shrink one of the hoops a little. And the whole thing still seems a bit too big and shiny. Probably because it IS big and shiny.