This is the Truly Victorian Tail Bodice and I'm really excited about my progress.
This has been a game changer for me in many respects. I caved in and bought a full corset. It fits better than I expected, and really makes the silhouette better. I also caved in and bought a 'perfect pleater'. I love pleats. I hate hand pleating. I'm too impatient to make them even. It's also the first Victorian outfit I've made without fitting help. Which is challenging. My dress form is NOT a good representation of my body. It can't be forced into a configuration that mimics me. So far everything is working out.....
Since I will mostly wear this to Steampunk things, I added pockets to the front. I also added a couple of sewn-in D-rings inside the lining so I can attach gear as needed.
For the record, the sleeve opening are very large. (or I have really tiny wrists)
I am modding the collar to look more like Maleficent, extending over my shoulders but up and curled. Pictures soon. I keep making samples and they keep being to small.
Once all the trim is sewn and the collar attached, I'll sew in the lining and sleeves. Then I have to wait to get some collar wire to hold that collar in shape. In the mean time, here is what the bodice trim (and welt pocket) look like: