Friday, September 9, 2011

All sewn up and ready for a fit - R

The corset has been recut and is now basted together, waiting for a fit check tomorrow morning.  Now that it is somewhat together, I ordered the corset busk and the steel boning for the back.  I'll be using spiral boning for the rest, but the back needs to be stiff.  A website called dragontowncorsetsupply.com is where I ordered from, but I've also used www.corsetmaking.com for supplies before. Both have been reliable sources for corseting notions.
I didn't get as much done tonight as I'd hoped.  This seems to be a recurring theme with me,  Tomorrow I'll cut out my pagoda muslin and the frock coat muslin.  Lisa is stopping by for a quick fit on her polonaise and to pick up a petticoat that she's going to modify for Valerie.  It will be a long and busy day tomorrow, but for now, the corset must lie fallow.

1 comment:

  1. Joe has stated an interest in wearing a costume :) I'm going to some thrift stores in SF with him today to look for modifiable costume bits.

    ReplyDelete