Sunday, July 24, 2011

Making a hoop skirt - Robin

I had originally thought to make an adjustable hoop skirt/farthingale but decided to make two separate undergarments.
Round and round I go. The dang thing is 130" in diameter with 4 hoop channels. This is taking a lot longer than I thought.
The hoop wire is cut, the bottom bag is sewn and the grosgrain ribbon has channels sewn into it. Try not to use yellow tracing paper on white stuff - you'll go blind and after a while you won't even be able to see your markings!  The directions say to use tape to put the hoop wire together, but I don't like that idea because once I sew up the bag, I won't be able to get to them in case something slips without ripping seams, so I'm going to the hardware store to get some epoxy. That ought to  hold the suckers.  I need to find some of that plastic stuff you dip the ends of boning wire with, too, so work is halted for now. After that, it should go a lot faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment