- I wasn't using a pattern, but rather a cutting diagram, so...
- I didn't have pattern pieces but had to lay out the skirt and measure
- There is no obvious right and wrong side to the fabric
- The fabric is slippery
- I STILL didn't have enough fabric (though I should have had)
- When the hem curves were wrong I had to make little gores
And while I sat quietly attempting to snatch a tattered victory from the jaws of defeat, my son was creeping through the yard in the early morning coastal fog, re-enacting the zombie apocalypse. He popped in and reminded me 'focus on the head'. Good advice.