Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Sprinting to Sunday - Lisa


I think I've become mildly obsessed with my projects.  I sewed up the skirt for my daughter (except the waistband) last night.  I tried the recommended underarm gusset in the muslin and it looks fantastic.  I'll need to try it on her body to be sure.  And I tried out making a flower out of strips of fabric stitched in a one inch zig zag, ruched, and wrapped up.  I like it, though I'd need to scorch the edges to cut fraying.  And yes, it's blurry.  (While I'm good at flowers for hats, what I really want is a tiny Tesla coil that can't electrocute me)

I have been working on my projects like it's a second job (although, admittedly, I'm enjoying the hell out of it).  After Sunday's big fitting day, I'm going to commit another couple days to sewing after work and then take a break.  My deadline, after all, is late November.  Part of the reason I'm spending so much time, though, is that I'm learning so much and want to try it out.  I have so many ideas right now.  But I'm not starting anything new until late September.  Take some time to walk the beaches and clean the house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment