Alisa at Dragonfly Designs has shared the Inspired Blogger Award with us for the Kraken Bustle.
Which is inspiring to ME since I spend two hours on it with very little visible progress last night. I'm really getting close to a visible breakthrough. Fingers crossed. Tentacles are being prepared. EL wire being considered.
There are some rules for this award. I must:
1 - Display the award and link back the the person who nominated you
2 - State 7 facts about yourself
3 - Nominate 15 bloggers for the award
4 - Notify the winners
Seven Things - remarkably more difficult that I thought it would be
- The sheer amount of fun I'm having sewing and making things, not to mention blogging about it, has really surprised me. I didn't expect to fall so deeply in love with making stuff.
- I'm hoping to retire soon and devote my life to doing all the things I wanted to do when I was younger and haven't got around to yet. Like writing, gardening, designing clothes, sleeping in, having bees, photography and baking bread. I used to want goats, but it's just too much work.
- I'm a born rule-breaker (skeptic/scientist). This has caused me a LOT of grief but I'm still proud of it.
- (running out of ideas) I am a 'citizen scientist' for the Farallones Marine Sanctuary Association.
- (struggling) I used to jump horses. Then I got hurt too often and quit.
- (help!) I studied molecular biology in college but wanted to study oceanology.
- (desperation) I played in a surf punk band in the '70s.
15 blogs... well, I'm not sure I regularly read 15 blogs. And many of the blogs I read, I never comment on. So they might be a wee bit surprised when I do. I'm taking some discretion here. I'm posting the one's I can think of right now and I'll be back with more. Also, I want Robin to chime in. These are in no particular order.
- Disparate Disciplines - Sewing blog Mari is a fun writer to read, and she is FEARLESS.
- Disparate Disciplines Sewing Patterns it's only a little bit of a cheat. Mari is starting her own pattern company and has some great ideas. I don't sew for every day, but I'd like to start trying. I'd like to be this brave too.
- Three Dresses Leila is another fearless and fun sewing MACHINE. She cranks out tons of stuff and focuses on fit and fun. I met her thru the 1912 project and we moved on to discussing fitting our chests. Because it's not easy. She takes ideas and clarifies them (at least for me).
- Historical Sewing This lady is a born teacher and really talented.
- RetroRack Gail Carriger's clothing blog. I don't always agree with her, and we don't have the same aesthetic, but she posts some darned fine pictures. Also, she's fun, funny, and makes the most egregiousness spelling errors! (for a writer)
- Domestic News Becky Gladstone is another 1912 project acquaintance, and she has inspired me to be more accurate and deliberate. That may not sound like a big deal, but it is. She's a genuine renaissance woman.