Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Princess Lisa and the Kraken disaster- L

 Maybe I mentioned...?  After making a Lord of the Rings 'Evil Minion' outfit I still wanted to make a princess dress.  I don't think I will ever wear it in public because, like my Titanic dress, it makes me look like the dancing hippos in Fantasia.  But hey, a girl can still WANT a princess dress...and MAKE a princess dress.
The dark jade is the dress, the white(ish) is the sleeve lining and the trim will go around the narrow part of the arm and around the neck.  The dark green is rayon and has a terrible bias droop.  I'm going to have to do something about the sides of the neckline since they are growing daily EVEN THOUGH I STAY STITCHED.  Can you sense my frustration?  Also, putting the sleeves together when one fabric stretches and one does not is a right bitch.  Seriously.  Robin has already lived this pain so I cannot complain too much.  Full pictures soon!
Here are the boys having fun at Gallifrey One.  I got a chance to meet Alisa from Dragonfly Designs by Alisa.  Yes, we took a picture but it's a blurry mess.  I came away from the convention totally inspired to work on my metal bustle.  As soon as I got home, I got to work.  And wrecked it.  Seriously.  Ground zero.  Start over.  I don't want to talk about it right now.  My Kraken will emerge from the deep again, bigger and better (if slightly heavier).  Use caution when aging metal....

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about the kraken. :( But I'm glad you're not giving up on the idea, because seriously...it is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Honestly, I think I was headed down a dead-end path with the first iteration. Better to know now....

    ReplyDelete