Monday, September 19, 2011

Where was I? - L

I never stop being surprised by the sheer number of little things...tiny little things...that need to be done on my projects.  And separately, how long they take (vs my expectations).  Yesterday I had set aside the morning to clear a number of little things I had left to do.  And found myself throwing in the towel at around 6pm.  Everything on my polonaise and skirt is done except adjusting the bustle tape, and attaching the front closure.  And I'm waiting for hook tape to do that. 
My daughter's project is coming along nicely.  She did, in fact, sew her sleeves unevenly and they need to be re-done.  The skirt is finished except for trim.  I pinned the first line of ivory ribbon around the hem.  I'm planning on three stripes.  The hem is mostly done on the front and ready for trim.  We need to cut and add the fake button closure (to hide the front zip), and finish and trim the neckline.  Finally we need to fix down the pleats on the apron and bustle and attach them.   It is difficult to see in the picture, but I added a D-ring vest-style adjustment in the back of the bodice in case she chooses to wear this with a corset or cincher. 
My knitted jacket is coming along.  I have half a sleeve and the right front left to do.  And sewing it all together.  The armholes are frighteningly large.  Should be interesting.  And everything else is on hold for supplies, or waiting to be cut.  I'm going to take a break here and catch up on mundane and tedious things like paying bills and laundry. 

(the list of 'done':  take apart and re-do a drawstring petticoat, shorten and add a waistband, remove bones, re-do darts, replace boning, sew in peplum, sew in D-ring vest closure, sew more darts, hem bodice, finish skirt waistband, pin trim...just a lot of little things, right?  ALL DAY)

No comments:

Post a Comment