Sunday, June 30, 2013

Of yarn and anteaters - Lisa

Took my son to the zoo yesterday.

And became inspired to make a bustle dress base on this anteater.

I even have a hat in mind.  And there will be fringe.

In the mean time I'm knitting another pair of socks and crocheting some black fingerless gloves and spinning some yarn to knit a hat.  Not because I want a hat.  Because I'm spinning yarn.  I don't think I'll have enough to make anything but a beret.

I'm waiting to hear about some fabric I might have bought.  As soon as I know, I'll post fabric swatches for the impending anteater dress along with a drawing of what and how and all of that.......

2 comments:

  1. Mirabou (i am too tired to look it up) for the tail. Of course you'll be shedding all day. Still liking the idea. Waiting after work for UPS man to bring me Singer 24 chainstitch machine (millinary head) and assorted parts that might belong to it. Back to sitting on the porch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh hell yeah! I know exactly ehat you mean. How's the garden?

      Delete