Here is a matched pair of headless weasel bodies, including their gilded paws. More pictures below.
'I Fought Chiffon and Chiffon Won''
This edge is a center front panel. I had planned to do the bottom hem, but I can't do it until I get it level. Possibly in the next century?
Finally, I tried paper clay for the first time.
Regular clay make the 'heads' for the flea furs too heavy.
I spread the goop over heavy paper cones and made little 'lumps' with wire toenails for paws.
Then I cut some of Robin's faux fur into creature bits.
I decided to make them have a little character. Then I had to make little legs. Once I had sewn on the legs and added a little stuffing to create shaping, I gilded the paw pieces and glued them into the legs. While I was sewing I was baking the paper clay at very low heat to speed the drying.
The heads will need to be sanded quite a bit and then gilded. I will glue some fake jewels into the eye sockets and for general decoration. Here they are!