Thursday, August 4, 2011

I made a back, and drew first blood - Lisa

After all the prep, it was time to cut.  I hurried home from work yesterday afternoon and laid out my fabric, interlining and lining.  I carefully pinned the folded fabric to itself to help me keep my plaid as aligned as possible, and re-read the cutting instructions.  I was ready to go.  I cut out the pieces for the back along with the interlining and lining.  I looked at the clock and realized I was almost late for Pilates.  I only mention this because I was so excited and distracted by finally cutting the fabric that I wore my workout pants inside out. 

The instructions tell me to put together the back and trim it before I go on to the next step.  I took this quite literally and didn't even bother to cut the rest of the pattern.  Possibly a bit self-indulgent on my part.  In trimming seam allowances and clipping curves, I forgot to move my finger.  I sort of clipped that curve too.  It's a match for the burn from ironing lace.  And I 'blooded' my lining.  But it was all worth it.  Here is the back before trim, with a corner folded back to show the lining, and fully trimmed:


No comments:

Post a Comment